Ricoh Aficio SP8200DN Printer
ABT Office Supplies Ltd
FREE PHONE 0800 389 1304
- Technology: Laser beam scanning, electro photographic printing & dual component toner development
- Continuous print speed: 50 prints per minute (A4)
- Warm-up time: Less than 25 seconds
- First print speed: Less than 3.5 seconds
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 670x677x641mm
- Weight: Less than 73 kg
- Power source: 220-240 V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: Maximum: Less than 1.42 kW
- Energy saver mode: Less than 7W
- Duty cycle: 300,000 pages per month
Download Ricoh Aficio SP8200DN Printer Brochure
The SP 8200dn is a high quality A3 network mono laser printer printing at 50 ppm A4. It is configured as standard with duplex and Ethernet network card.
It has several significant enhancements over the SP 8100dn (predecessor) including faster print speed and file processing, enhanced data security features, additional hard disk features with virtual soft mailbox, advanced network connectivity, improved paper capacity, media type capability and a clearer, redesigned operator panel.
The SP 8200dn is not only targeted at the general office for in house printing of mono documents, but its reinforced specifications makes it ideal for host printing applications and environments where large paper capacities are needed for transactional printing.
- Fast Mono Print Speed - The SP 8200dn prints at a very fast 50 ppm B/W.
- Fast First Print Time – At 3.5s mono, the SP 8200dn loses no time within the office when printing. In an office environment this will boost productivity, as there are typically many short jobs (often just one page) sent to the printer. A fast first print ensures that these are quickly produced.
- Fast Warm-up Time – The fuser belt design means a warm up time of less than 25s, (15s from Energy saver) making the machine available quickly to users from power on.
- Standard Duplex Printing at 100% productivity – Many users in the general office have duplex printing needs. The SP 8200dn has standard duplex running at 100% engine speed, so there is no loss of productivity. The standard duplex unit is conveniently placed in vertical position to leave more space for paper drawers. Even card weights up to 169gsm can be auto-duplexed from any paper tray. Duplexing reduces paper consumption and reduces mailing cost.
Low Running Costs
One of the main attractions of this printer is the low running cost. Black CPP is lower than comparable mid class B/W laser printers and is on a par with low TCO MFP devices. The design of the engine is based around an MFP engine (Ricoh MP 5000), and so low TCO is built into the model concept.
This is also one of the few laser printers on the market, which can be sold on a fixed print charge basis, using the internal meter. This has many benefits for the user, and enables he or she to budget for their cost of ownership without any surprises. CPP (Cost Per Page Contracts) are not very common in the printer business, therefore a strong competitive advantage!
Advanced Network Printing
- Standard Ethernet Connectivity – The SP 8200dn comes network ready with an Ethernet 100BaseTX card as standard plus an additional standard USB 2.0 port. Users can connect their printer to the network easily by the network set-up utility.
- Bonjour Support – The SP 8200dn supports Bonjour, a method of Zero Configuration Networking. When this printer is connected to a network, every computer on the network is able to use it instantly without any set-up or special configuration. This saves a large amount of time for network administrators.
- Dynamic DNS Support – This feature means that all users can automatically print to the device if for any reason the IP address is changed. This is a benefit for network administrators because it removes the need for manual intervention.
- IPv6 Support – These devices support the new standard for Internet Addressing with larger address space.
- Printing in non-Windows environments – The SP 8200dn is able to print data from many Back Office Systems (called “Line of Business Systems”) using an array of connectivity tools, which can be downloaded from the NRG web site. This includes Unix/Linux, SAP/R3 environments, Novell NDPS Gateway, Citrix Metaframe and IBM AS/400 HPT
- Wide Range of Interface Options – The SP 8200dn optionally supports Parallel and Wireless LAN a/g, Gigabit Ethernet is a new interface option for this printer, offering speeds of 1000 Mbps, 100 times faster than original Ethernet.
Fast Processing – The SP 8200dn printer has a quick processor for fast office printing –an RM7035C-533L 533MHz fast controller for ultra quick printing performance. It also has standard 256 MB RAM (Max 512 MB)
- Electronic Sorting - Excessive traffic on the network caused by page printers often leads to complaints that the “network is too slow”. The SP 8200dn send files just once to the printer for collation within memory. (Note: adding optional RAM memory or the 40 GB Hard Disk option enables this feature).
- Processor: RM7035C-533L 533 MHz
- Memory Standard: 256MB
- Memory Maximum: 512MB
- Hard Disk Drive (optional): 40GB
- Drivers: PCL5e/PCL6/RPCS™: Windows® 2000/XP/Vista/Server 2003
- Adobe® PostScript® 3™: Windows® 2000/XP/Vista/Server 2003/Macintosh OS 8.6 - 9.2.x (OS X Classic)/Macintosh OS X v10.1/10.2/10.3 or later (native mode)
- Network protocol: TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, EtherTalk, IPP, RHPP
- Supported networks: Windows®2000/XP/Vista/Server 2003, Novell® NetWare® 3.12/3.2/4.1/4.11/5.0/5.1/6/6.5, UNIX Sun® Solaris 2.6/7/8/9, HP-UX 10.x/11.x/11i v1/11i
SCO OpenServer 5.0.6, RedHat® Linux 6.x/7.x/8.x/9.x/Enterprise, IBM® AIX v4.3 & 5L v5.1/5.2
Macintosh OS 8.6 - 9.2.x (OS X Classic), Macintosh OS X v10.1/10.2/10.3 or later (native mode)
SAP® R/3® 3.x or later, IBM® System i5™ HPT
- Interface Standard: Ethernet 10 base-T/100 base-TX, USB 2.0
- Interface Option: Bi-directional IEEE 1284, Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11a/g), Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11g), Gigabit Ethernet
- Additional feature: PDF Direct Print
- Standard: DeskTopBinder™ Lite, SmartDeviceMonitor™ for Admin/Client, Web SmartDeviceMonitor™, Web Image Monitor, Printer utility for Mac, Font Manager 2000
- Option: Document management utilities & professional software solutions
- Paper input capacity Standard: 2x550-sheet paper trays, 1x100-sheet bypass tray
- Paper input capacity Maximum: 4,400 sheets
- Paper output capacity Standard: 500 sheets face down
- Paper size: Paper trays A3-A5, Bypass tray A3-A6
- Paper weight: Paper trays 60-169gsm, Bypass tray 52-220gsm, Duplex tray 60-169gsm
- Media: Plain paper, recycled paper, transparencies, laser printer labels, envelopes
- Internal options: 128/256MB SDRAM DIMM, 40GB Hard Disk Drive, Bi-directional IEEE 1284, Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11a/g), Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11g), Gigabit Ethernet, Data Overwrite Security Unit, Data Storage Card, IPDS unit, VM Card, HDD Encryption
- External options: 2x550-sheet paper trays, 2,000-sheet large capacity tray, 1,200-sheet large capacity tray, 1,000-sheet finisher, 3,000-sheet finisher, Punch unit (2/3 hole, 2/4 hole, 4 hole), Bridge unit, Output jogger